Count how many times Solomon said, “I”.
How many times is “I” reflected in your life?
Ecclesiastes 2: 3. I sought in mine heart to give myself unto wine, yet acquainting mine heart with wisdom; and to lay hold on folly, till I might see what was that good for the sons of men, which they should do under the heaven all the days of their life.
4. I made me great works; I builded me houses; I planted me vineyards:
5. I made me gardens and orchards, and I planted trees in them of all kind of fruits: 6. I made me pools of water, to water therewith the wood that bringeth forth trees:
7. I got me servants and maidens, and had servants born in my house; also I had great possessions of great and small cattle above all that were in Jerusalem before me:
8. I gathered me also silver and gold, and the peculiar treasure of kings and of the provinces: I gat me men singers and women singers, and the delights of the sons of men, as musical instruments, and that of all sorts.
9. So I was great, and increased more than all that were before me in Jerusalem: also my wisdom remained with me.
10. And whatsoever mine eyes desired I kept not from them, I withheld not my heart from any joy; for my heart rejoiced in all my labour: and this was my portion of all my labour.
11. Then I looked on all the works that my hands had wrought, and on the labour that I had laboured to do: and, behold, all was vanity and vexation of spirit, and there was no profit under the sun.
NOTE: Solomon profoundly proclaimed the accomplishments of man. Yes, he was able to accomplish much. Yet, in the end “I” was ALL in vain. His spirit was vexed and there was no profit at all.
Everything he accomplished was without GOD. Unless GOD, is FIRST in your life and all you do is unto HIM, there is no gain. IN THE END…Your spirit is vexed while you sit surrounded by all your accomplishments. You loose!
What does it profit a man to gain the WHOLE WORLD and loose his own soul?
Father, In the name of Jesus Christ of Nazareth, remove all the idols in my life. Remove all of my “I” selfish ambitions. May everything I accomplish be unto you! May you be GLORIFIED in me and through me. I surrender my I’s to you. In the name of JESUS CHRIST OF NAZARETH. My LORD My GOD!